Saturday, March 13, 2010

Jumbled Thoughts

Just started blogging. Don't know what it means really, or if it is really useful. I probably...no I'm definitely sure I have some wrong motives for creating this blog, but I am also sure that these words will be useful.

Gotta Be Worth It;

Not this blog, but this life that I'm living. If it is not worth it, then I am literally wasting everything...and this is how many people would view my life. No college or university degree. No lady love aka wife to be. No job. No real solid plan. This does seem pretty bleak actually, and I might be depressed if I wasn't already so incredibly rich.

This richness is not something that is able to be measured. Celebrities and business men have not yet reached this level of wealth that I and many others have obtained. I have Christ Jesus and thus I have all I will ever need. To love Christ is to love God and "all things work out for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purposes." What is so amazing about this is God has called US and we can do something for Him. That is indescribable, but not what I wish to discuss. I'm more infatuated with this notion that all will work out for our good, should we love God.

Problem. Evil. This world is sick and demented. Poverty is a literal plague on humanity. The wickedness of men has hardened hearts so rock solid and ice cold that tears can no longer run down warm loving cheeks. Hope is lost in this life IF this Christ is not worth it.

I have discovered one thing recently, and that is that I will never be satisfied in this place. I can and will be content. The goal is to be content in every situation, but I will never be satisfied. And I don't believe in some superficial ever-high happiness. Happiness is merely a happening that just so happens to happen to you. Joy however, joy is eternal. Joy can be placed upon nouns [people/things/places] Life can be so HORRIBLE that some people give in all together and simply end it themselves. I know that I would too if Christ were not worth it.

With this Christ, I find joy. Placing my joy upon Him who provides hope for a future, provision for the now, and forgiveness for the days gone by, I can say that my life is worth throwing to the wind. I do not view this life as such, but to get my point across, please allow me to be dramatically emphatic. 100% of us are guaranteed to die. Christ has revealed everything we need to know about this death to be prepared for its coming. The fear of the afterlife is no longer an issue, but I am not so naive as to think I shouldn't fear the pain. The sting of death is lost, but the pain is necessary. Even Christ sweat blood contemplating His life's end.

So this means what? I am trying to be brief so maybe my thoughts are jumbled. I would like to further explain each point at length but let me just get to the drastic already. Our life will eventually end. However we pass our time, we can't avoid the fact that at some point it will come to an end. It would be completely useless to do this "church" stuff if Christ wasn't worth it. If my Lord is not there at the end to lift me up to the Father, then my every breath is for not. But if this is all for the good, then all the hurt pain and suffering is but the means to an ever joyous end. So WORTHY is Jesus, I am able to live 70 or 80 long suffering years of rejection and opposition, or even 2 or 3 years of an inevitable death march and still be able to say God is good and He is all I need. I could be the filthiest, most deprived, skinny, poor, rank smelling beggar on the street WITH Jesus, and still have more than those who top the lists of the rich and the famous.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rerU_NYwD8

17 Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,

18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be joyful in God my Savior. [HABAKKUK 3:17-18]

This central truth, that Christ is worth our life death and every breath is something I have yet to fully comprehend. I just know that every move I make that steps toward Him is a step in the right direction. When things seem hopeless, I know where hope lives. It is living at the cross.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK00Tcb6ROY


Read 1Corinthians chapter 15
"19
If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are to be pitied more than all men."

2 comments:

  1. Waaaaa. Habakkuk 3:17-20
    One of my fave verses ever. :)
    Now Im hooked. I will be following this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wield the pen and wield it well for Him who doeth all things very well.

    ReplyDelete