Friday, April 30, 2010

Hope - less?

So theres just a few things I want to get across. This may be very short.

1] Somebody told me that they would just like to know enough about Christ to be saved but not get into a deep relationship.

2] Somebody knew all I was trying to say to them, on one level at least. The only response he gave me, after supporting my attempt, was that each man chooses his way and Christ just wasn't for him.

3] Another felt offended when I questioned his heart, "but thats what Jesus is after, and if I ask to see your heart it is Christ that should reflect."


No souls were won, some contacts were made, but hey tomorrow is a new day. The motto of evangelism rings true and clear even when I'm being sincere, and that is that my job is merely to present to people truth, the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit is the ONLY one involved in breathing life onto a lost person's soul.

This is why I could walk home with joy that moved tears to my eyes: It is always better to do the will of God. Their is no shame in GOing, even if we fail when we try, because really we don't fail, for it is only God who decides.

Mark 10:42-45
42
Jesus called them together and said, "You know that those who are regarded as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. 43Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 44and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. 45For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."

No comments:

Post a Comment