Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Staring Eyes [a poem in a glare]

Look into the face of those deeply contemplating. The glare they bare, what could it mean? Eyes clothed in focus hide a story of pain, wonder, adoration, admiration, and countless other stories. What is yours?


STARING EYES

Staring eyes as in a deep starry night
Sleepless nights accompany dreaming days
From heaven to dirt that we may see light
What was and what is and what can be saved

Intense and undisturbed
The mind moving faster than words
First to last, let Love serve
Nothing but to ponder self worth

Can it be? Where did it go?
Light shining dim
A trap in time and in space
Yet sloth is sin

With once upon a time
Found left looking around for signs
Am I His? Is He mine?
Eye's stiff focus shooting straight lines

Then there is beauty no man can define
Staring eyes become expression contained
Awaken from slumber still spinning mind
Love is and Love was and Love will again



John 14:1-4
1"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. 2In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4You know the way to the place where I am going."

Imagine how the disciples felt after Christ died.
Could we have hoped in a dead Jesus?
Fortunately for us, and them, we don't have to.


John 20:19-20

19On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!" 20After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment