Sunday, May 22, 2011

What If God Said Sell It All?

When Jesus heard his answer, he said, “There is still one thing you haven’t done. Sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”


Well if He said sell everything and give it to the poor, then they would get about enough to survive maybe a month or few by Canada's standards, probably up to a good chunk of months in 3rd world nations, depending on how they handle the funds. They would have enough clothes for maybe all the people in their family who could fit a 6 foot slender frame. They would have entertaining movies, almost every episode of Buffy and Angel, and a pretty nice laptop to play them on. They would have a bed and some cool little trinkets, some gadgets, a broke down phone, and a pretty good bed with covers and pillows to comfort them. All that they get, would last them a while, but to tell them AND show them that Christ is worth more than anything I possess, that His Love is Greater than Life, would be incredible to say the least. So why do I pause?

To let loose of all I own, and trust in Him alone. To allow the God of all to lead my life and provide completely for every need, wouldn't that be a life more blessed than anything I'm being sold in stores and in the media? So why do I pause?

Am I called to this? Is this practical? What shall I do? What will you? Am I ready to follow Him in all things? Am I willing to find out?

Matthew 5:16 ESV
In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment