Sunday, June 12, 2011

Who are We? [Spoken Word]

What have I created?
What have I done?
Who is this before me?
Who have I become?

I was just wondering if there is as much that goes into making a tree, in quantity, than there is that goes into making a dream. I wondered if you or I had any idea to the like and we do, a lie, whether loose lipped or tight fit there is quite a bit that goes into what we've made. Have we ever thought about what a price there is to be paid for stories spun and with every lyric of our lie sung comes the increased potential of destroying lives. Some don't even have the chance to realize the one it already has.

What have I created?
What have I done?
Who is this before me?
Who have I become?

And I was once lied to when they told me time heals all wounds, buffoons! There is a swift head kick that looms in the wait for the believer of that faith and I don't mean to offend but rather to put you on to defensive because if I get shot the time clock will tick tock me into eternity, and that person will have murdered me too. To this Scar is proof but I am more than Simba though I have my Lion King. Every stroke of pen that outlines my existence and each brush of color speaks to the insistence of Him. What hope can come from searching within if I am the product, the picture on the pad following His pen.

What have I created?
What have I done?
Who is this before me?
Who have I become?

When I hold her, all the metaphors manifest and all I though of interest just doesn't seem interesting. In her eyes is such a deep sense of centering. If this were the place I lived then she would be where I stay. Awe and wonder, amazement abounds. Description doesn't do its duty for there are no words to be found. Yet there is a burden of sound that blocks me from listening, the worries of life and all of its conditioning, my purpose being driven off by difficult decisioning, it seems she can be misplaced because of my positioning. Will she know when I go that she will be what I miss most?...from the twinkle in her eyes to the twinkle of her toes. From when she was being knitted to when she first started to show LORD will she know YOU, when I go?

What have I created?
What have I done?
Who is this before me?
Who have I become?

What have I created? What have I even planned? What could I have ever built? I did not even construct these hands.
What have I done? When have I ever started? When I had just begun 87 had just parted.
Who is this before me? Many men of but one face. None of whom could stand this day if it weren't but for God's grace.
Who have I become? A sinner turned a saint. All of which impossible unless my JESUS, He saves.

No comments:

Post a Comment